Utah, as a state, has an exceptionally large number of entrepreneurs and small businesses. It is a challenge for you, the employer, to find the time to research health insurance products. Yet, you want to make sure you choose the best, most affordable plan for your employees. This is what we specialize in! By providing us basic information, we can put together a comparison of carriers, plans, and options for your employer group.
There are some basic qualifications that must be met for employer health insurance. These include:
- Must have an employee/employer relationship where taxes are deducted from pay (in most cases, part-time and temporary employees are not eligible).
- Employer must agree to pay a certain portion of the premium for the employees.
- Participation requirements that indicate the number of employees who must take the insurance based on the number of eligible employees in the employer group. (Numbers differ on the size of the group)
Most carriers allow employees covered through a spouse’s group plan to be eliminated from a number of eligible employees. We obtain carrier quotes from the following companies:
- Regence BlueCross BlueShield
- United HealthCare
- University of Utah Health Plans
- And Others…
Please give us a call at (800) 653-6129, and we’ll be happy to tailor a plan to meet your needs!